Tomorrow is Halloween! That means there is still time for one more Halloween post. 🙂 Today I’m discussing the top ten characters I would want to dress up as for Halloween. This idea actually came from The Broke and the Bookish as part of the Top Ten Tuesdays. I know it’s not Tuesday, but I just loved the idea so much that I decided to write about it anyway. I first saw the post on Books Baking and Blogging, and I loved her list. Mine is very similar. 🙂
So here is goes…(in no particular order)
1. Arwen, from The Lord of the Rings: Arwen wears a lot of different outfits throughout the series, but for a Halloween costume I would go for her first outfit, which seems more wood-elvish and awesome than the others. I would totally rock the ears, too.
A Tauriel costume (from The Hobbit movie), would also work. The super-fans might get angry because she she’s not in the book, but I like her addition to the movie.
2. Tris, from Divergent: This year for our library’s Fall Festival, I almost dressed up as Tris, but then I didn’t. It would have been so easy: all black clothing with a tattoo of birds. But then I decided to dress up as a pirate, which would be more recognizable to children attending the event. I don’t regret my decision, because pirates are awesome. I even got to have a sword.
3. Pippin, from The Lord of the Rings: Yes, I love The Lord of the Rings, so I want to dress up as a hobbit (for Halloween) at some point. Out of all of the hobbits, I think Pippin would be the most fun to dress up as. I think it’s the scarf that draws me. Plus, he’s the funniest.
4. Katniss, from The Hunger Games: This might actually be an easy costume for next year’s Fall Festival. I’m growing my hair out now, so it might be long enough to braid by then!
5. Elizabeth Bennet, from Pride and Prejudice: Actually, any Jane Austen character would work since they all have the same style, but Lizzie is the most well known. I just love the dresses they wear, and I would get to do my hair all fancy!
6. Susan or Lucy, from The Chronicles of Narnia: I love these characters, and I love the pretty dresses. The picture below is the older Lucy from the movie. If I did a costume, I would–of course–have to carry a sword and Lucy’s healing cordial, and then have some sort of Aslan emblem to make the idea more clear.
7. Hermione, from Harry Potter: Harry Potter is a wonderful series, and Hermione is wonderful in it. Using this costume would definitely require me going around all evening casting fake spells.
8. Something Doctor Who-ish: This is not very specific, but there are sooo many characters. It’s also not exactly from a book, but book version have been made of the television show. If I were a boy, I would dress up as the Doctor without hesitation. But I’m not, which makes the options limitless. At the Fall Festival, I saw a little girl dressed up as the TARDIS, and a baby dressed up as a dalek. It was AWESOME!
9. Jenny Lee, from the Call the Midwife series: This would basically be a costume for a 50s girl, but I don’t mind the 50s style in Call the Midwife. The actress who plays Jenny Lee in the television show looks like she popped out of the 50s. She just looks so natural in those clothes!
10. The Ghost of Christmas Future, from The Christmas Carol: Since I’m running out of ideas, here’s a funny one for you, though I’d be more likely to wear it for a Christmas play.