Something super exciting happened to me last week! As you’ve probably guessed, my blog was nominated for a Liebster Award by the wonderful Sophia, author of The Good Life blog. As a newbie blogger, I’m extremely flattered by this nomination. Thank you, Sophia!
“Liebster” is a German word, meaning: sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. The purpose of the Liebster Award is to recognize bloggers with under 200 (or 2,000) followers–because keeping a blog up-to-date takes time and effort!
What are the Rules?
Link back to the person who nominated you and answer the 11 questions they’ve given you to answer. You must pick 11 nominees with under 200 (or 2,000) followers to answer your 11 questions. Do not nominate the person who nominated you, and let the people you nominate know they have been nominated. FYI–Some of the blogs I’ll nominate have a bit over 200 followers, but they’re great!
Questions asked by the previous blogger (and my answers)
- How would you describe your blog in 3 simple words? light-hearted, humorous (I hope), and fun
- What is your favorite piece of clothing in your closet? A hot-air-balloon-patterned cardigan (gray and white). I love it! But it will be in my closet until winter gets here again.
- What is your favorite season and why? Spring…more specifically those few weeks leading into summer. I love the time when all the trees are blooming, the grass starts growing, and it’s warm enough to wear shorts. This time ends when the bugs start coming inside. Ugh…
- What is your favorite type of music to listen to in the summer? Lately, I’ve been wanting to listen to a lot of Dave Barnes, so I guess his style of music. He’s an amazing singer, and he’s super funny. Look him up on Youtube, everyone.
- If you could only use one beauty/grooming product, what would it be? My sister recently introduced me to an instant age rewind from Maybelline to cover up dark circles under the eyes. I’d definitely choose this, so I wouldn’t look like a zombie every day.
- If you only had $50 dollars for makeup, what would you buy? This actually wouldn’t be too hard for me, since I don’t wear much make-up, and the makeup I buy lasts forever. I’m pretty sure all of my makeup would be under $50. I’m covered!
- What is your favorite brand of makeup? I’d have to say Elf makeup. Everything Elf is really cheap, and they’ve got some great blush. But I do use makeup from Cover Girl and Almay, as well.
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go and why? Well, Scotland. More specifically, Edinburgh. Ever since Samantha Brown visited there on “Passport to Europe,” I’ve wanted to go.
- Who is your favorite book or movie crush and why? This is so difficult! There seems to be a great guy in everything I’ve read/watched lately. But one that plenty of people should know is Finnick from Catching Fire. Yep, I like him. Lots.
- If you could be any animal, what would you be? Also a difficult question. I talked about this with my family once, and we decided I would be a prairie dog. Not sure why, though. I’d much rather be a bird. I’d love to fly.
- If you had to recommend one product to someone whether it is beauty, food, home décor…etc. What would it be? Sinful Colors nail polish. This is the best nail polish I’ve ever used, and it’s cheap!
Questions for my nominees
- What’s your favorite animal?
- What’s something on your bucket list?
- Read any good books this past year?
- If you had a million dollars, what are a few things you would do with it?
- What’s your favorite T.V. show?
- What’s something you’re afraid of?
- If you could see anyone in concert, who would it be?
- What’s your favorite book?
- If you could go bowling with any fictional character, who would it be?
- Why did you start a blog?
- What’s your favorite season?
Bloggers, I nominate you!
Many of the following blogs I’ve been keeping up with for a while, but being nominated for the Liebster Award has made me realize how little I have really explored the other blogs at WordPress. That’s why there are a few blogs listed that I have only recently discovered. I can’t wait to see what you all have to offer!